Monday, May 31

Evaluate Learning Outcomes

At the half way point in my professional development plan for 2021 it is now a good time to review my progress . 

So far I have found the plan to be very helpful. Over the last six months I have studied a broad range of topics, some of those topics where within the plan and some where done in an ad hoc manner. Comparing topics studied within the plan to those studied without, the planned topics were studied in a more comprehensive and systematic way with more deliberate practice and social learning. This resulted in better learning outcomes with a more solid grasp of the subject.

Skills Learned

Learning to Learn

I completed my initial goals, finishing the practical, social and formal components with only bonus items outstanding on the progress tracker.

I finished a second course in addition to the one I initially identified and I was happy with the way I was able to put my learning into practice.

JavaScript

I completed my initial practical and social goals with the formal component still unfinished. A bonus practical activity as two video courses are still outstanding on the progress tracker.

I am happy with the improvement in my JavaScript skills and have been able to put my new knowledge into practice. The modularity and reusability of my JavaScript has improved. I am looking forward to finishing the final modules in my courses.

Reduce Stress 

The activities that I chose to combat stress were very effective and the WOOP Matrix was helpful in keeping me on track.  However while it was easy to keep the schedule when I was stressed it became harder when I was merely preventing possible stress in the future. I fell off the wagon in March but rededicated my efforts in April.

Functional Programming

I still haven't yet identified practical and social activities for category theory and lambda calculus. I am hoping they will help me improve my functional programming which is a style I have been utilizing with increasing frequency over the last decade.

 
.

No comments: